Ahmadnejad S, Mehran A. [Effect of Clinical Teaching Partner Model (CTP) on Nursing Students’ Clinical Training Outcomes]. Hayat Journal. 2009; 15(1): 61-70. (Persian)
– Nehls N, Rather M, Guyette M. The preceptor model of clinical instruction: The lived experiences of students, preceptors, and faculty-of-record. The Journal of nursing education. 1997; 36(5): 220.
– Hansberger M, Baumann A, Lappan J, Carter N, Bowman A, Goddard P. The synergism of expertise in clinical teaching: an integrative model for nursing education. Journal of Nursing Education. 2000; 39(6): 278-82.
– Parchebafieh S, Lakdizaji S, Ghiasvandian S. [The Effect of Employing Clinical Education Associate Model on Clinical Learning of Nursing Students]. IJME. 2010; 9(3): 201-207. (Persian)
– Mohammadpour Y, Khalilzadeh H, Habibzadezadeh H, Ahangarzadeh Rezaee S, Rasooli D. [The Effect Of Employing Clinical Education Associate Model On Clinical Learning Of Nursing Students]. 2010; 8(4): 229-237. (Persian)
– Udlis KA. Preceptorship in undergraduate nursing education: An integrative review. The Journal of nursing education. 2008; 47(1): 20.
– Ranjbar K, Soltani F, Mousavi nassab M, Masoudi A, Ayatollahi S. [Comparison of the Impact of Traditional and Multimedia Independent Teaching Methods on Nursing Students` Skills in Administrating Medication]. IJME. 2003; 3(1): 35-43. (Persian)
– Penjvini S, Shahsavari S. [Comparison of the effects of conventional and PBL teaching methods on nursing students’ skills in administrating medication to children in Sanandaj]. SJKU. 2007; 12(3): 73-81. (Persian)
– Zohari-Anbuhi S, Nikravan-Mofrad M, Pazargadi M. [Effects of an educational system on conception and skills of nursing students in clinical training]. Journal of Nursing & Midwifery, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services. 2008; 60(18): 12-20. (Persian) 23 – Schofer KKK, Collins F, Langenberg AB, Math-Kraft C, Baird SC. A nurse service-nursing education collaboration. Nursing Management. 1996; 27(3): 59- 61.
– Maginnis C, Croxon L. Clinical teaching model for nursing practice. Australian Journal of Rural Health. 2007; 15(3): 218-9.
– Delunas LR, Rooda LA. A new model for the clinical instruction of undergraduate nursing students. Nurs Educ Perspect. 2009 Nov-Dec; 30(6): 377-80.
Effect of the nursing staff associate model on nursing students’ clinical learning
Aghakhani1 N (MSc.) – Sharif Nia2 SH (MSc.) – Dehghani3 MR (Ph.D) – Hojjati4 H (MSc.) – Ghana5 S (B.Sc) – Hekmat Afshar6 M (MSc.) – Eghtedar7 S (MSc.).
Introduction: Clinical education is one of the most important ingredients of nursing curriculum. Inadequacies in nursing skills are main concerns of nursing students. Therefore, the application of new teaching methods is essential to improve the quality of clinical education. The Clinical Education Associate Method (CEAM), using the collaboration of nursing staff is a strategy for clinical education. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of the nursing staff associate model on nursing students’ clinical learning.
Methods: This was a quasi-experimental study. 40 nursing students were randomly and equally assigned into two groups. The students in the experiment group were trained by nursing staff during clinical education, while the students in the control group received the routine education. The clinical skills of the students were assessed using a checklist. Collected data was analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics.
Results: The students in both groups were the same in terms of demographic characteristics. The students in the experiment group received better marks in clinical skills such as medication, communication with patients, isolation methods, and dressing in comparison with the students in the control group (P<0.05).
Conclusion: In the nursing staff associate model, students interact with each other and will be able to communication better, and their self-esteem is improved. Moreover, the level of learning in such students is higher in comparison with students taught using the routine method. Therefore, the widespread application of this model in nursing and other healthcare disciplines are suggested.
Key words: Effectiveness, nursing staff associate model, clinical learning, nursing students
Received: 19 February 2013 Accepted: 11 May 2013
– Candidate of Ph.D of Nursing, Scientific Board Member, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
– Candidate of Ph.D, Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery of Amol, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran; Ph.D Student of Nursing at Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
– Corresponding author: Assistant Professor, Educational Development Center, Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences, EDC, Shiraz, Iran e-mail: Mohammadrezadehghani@gmail.com
– Candidate of Ph.D of Nursing, Azad University Aliabad Katul Barnch, Aliabad Katul, Iran
– B.Sc of Midwifery, Golestan University of Medical Sciences, Gorgan, Iran
– MSc. of Nursing, Golestan University of Medical Sciences, Gorgan, Iran
– MSc. of Nursing, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
در این سایت فقط تکه هایی از این مطلب با شماره بندی انتهای صفحه درج می شود که ممکن است هنگام انتقال از فایل ورد به داخل سایت کلمات به هم بریزد یا شکل ها درج نشود
شما می توانید تکه های دیگری از این مطلب را با جستجو در همین سایت بخوانید
ولی برای دانلود فایل اصلی با فرمت ورد حاوی تمامی قسمت ها با منابع کامل