h type 2 diabetes. Hu li za zhi The journal of nursing. 2010; 57(2): 49-60.
– ADA. American Diabetes Association (ADA), Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2012;35, Supplement 1:S11-63.
– Minet L, Møller S, Vach W, Wagner L, Henriksen JE. Mediating the effect of self-care management intervention in type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of 47 randomised controlled trials. Patient education and counseling. 2010; 80(1): 29-41.
– Aghamolaei T, Sobhani A, yousefi H, Asadi-Noghabi F. Behavior and metabolic control of patients covered by diabetes clinic of Bandar Abbas. Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences. 2003; 7(3): 101-15. (Persian)
– Sigurdardottir A, Jonsdottir H. Empowerment in diabetes care: towards measuring empowerment.
Scand J Caring Sci. 2008; 22: 284-91.
– Funnell MM, Anderson RM, Arnold MS, Barr PA, Donnelly M, Johnson PD, et al. Empowerment: an idea whose time has come in diabetes education. The Diabetes Educator. 1991; 17(1): 37-41. 25 – Mosnier-Pudar H, Hochberg G, Eschwege E, Virally M, Halimi S, Guillausseau P, et al. How do patients with type 2 diabetes perceive their disease? Insights from the French DIABASIS survey. Diabetes Metab. 2009; 35(3): 220-7.
– Tol A, Sharifi Rad G, Eslami AA, Alhani F, Mohajeri Tehrani MR, Shojaeezadeh D. Factors influencing self-management behavior in type-2 diabetes patients: A strategy proposed to be adopted when planning theory/model based interventions. Journal of School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research. [Research]. 2012; 9(4): 21-32. (Persian)
– Tol A, Shojaeezadeh D, Sharifirad G, Alhani F, Mohajeri Tehrani M. Determination of empowerment score in type 2 diabetes patients and its related factors. J Pak Med Assoc. 2012; 62: 16. 28 – Shojaeezadeh D, Sharifirad G, Tol A, Mohajeri Tehrani M, Alhani F. Effect of empowerment model on distress and diabetes control in patients with type 2 diabetes. 2 Journal of Nursing Education. [Quantitative-Research]. 2012; 1(1): 38-47. (Persian)
– Heidari M. The effect of empowerment model on quality of life of Diabetic adolescents. Master’s thesis, Tarbiat Modares University,Tehran, Iran. 2006. (Persian)
– Pibernik-Okanovic M, Prasek M, Poljicanin-Filipovic T, Pavlic-Renar I, Metelko Z. Effects of an empowerment-based psychosocial intervention on quality of life and metabolic control in type 2 diabetic patients. Patient education and counseling. 2004; 52(2): 193-9.
– Goldhaber-Fiebert J, Goldhaber-Fiebert S, Tristán M, al e. Randomized controlled communitybased nutrition and exercise intervention improves glycemia and cardiovascular risk factors in type 2 diabetic patients in rural Costa rica. Diabetes Care. 2003; 26(10): 24-9.
– Shojaeezadeh D, Tol A, Sharifirad G, Mohajeri Tehrani M, Alhani F. Evaluation of educational program based on empowering model on promotion of self efficasy and its relationship to diabetes control in patients with type 2 diabetes. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Lipid Disorders. [Research].
2012; 11(5): 474-82. (Persian)
The relationship between empowerment with knowledge related to disease and indicators of metabolic control in type 2 diabetic patients
Ebrahimi H (Ph.D) – Sadeghi M (MSc.) – Ashrafi R (MSc.).